Uploading Word Documents

Yellow Alligator

Does anybody know how/if one can upload a MS Word document somewhere on the web pages? I do not have a personal web page, and would like to include a "worksheet" in HTML that I can link to through the cache page. I would rather just have a "button" link than a whole page of instructions on the cache page (for a multi with some calculations involved). Any ideas if this can be done?

Thanks,

YA

And I would much rather have all the worksheet instructions on your cache page. As a paperless cacher using pocket queries in my PDA, I don't look at the cache pages online. If I got in the area of your cache and called it up on my PDA to plan the hunt, I would quickly see that I lacked the necessary information. Oh well, skip that cache and go on to the next one.....

Thanks Stunod for the info on why I can't upload .doc's at this time, and also thanks to the Leprechaun's for a good reason not to link important info. I wonder how many folks these days are using solely PDAs for hunting caches? I have one that I take on trips, but for local stuff I just always print them out. I've been burned a few times looking for a cache and then finding that I really needed the spoiler pic!

The can be reasons why a Word document can be used!

We have one Word document used on one of our caches:

We have a series of caches, with a common theme. A total of 4 caches, in each logbook do you find a part of a password.

There is a bonus cache with faked coordinates. All the information about the cache are at the cache page, in an uploaded password protected Word document.

So you add up all the passwords you find in the 4 caches, click on the Word document, enter the password, and voila! Now you have all the information about the bonus cache...

The reason? Since all the info about the bonus cache are hidden inside the Word document can't people who doesn't have the correct password read about it. It will remain as a surprise for everybody. They don't know how it is hidden, where, what kind of equipment they will need... But when they have visited all the four first caches, then they can find all the info about the bonus cache.

WAP: Yes I know about and use the current WAP area of the Geocaching site. I was asking for it to be improved. Its nice that I can search but it lacks a few important features. From the top of my head

1. When looking at a cache -- Nearby cache options not available

2. No D/T ratings

3. No option to read text of log entries

4. When searching for a cache there is no way to search by Keyword.

How many people actually use the WAP section? It is probably so small that "upgrading" the capabilities doesn't make sense.

All the information about the cache are at the cache page, in an uploaded password protected Word document.

Ever thought about the fact that with an internet access the decoding of password-protected Word-files takes less than 2-3 minutes??? :unsure:

BS

And if someone tries to log the bonus cache without going to the first four (stand-alone) caches, you don't think I will react to that? :)