Help with creating a cache

clearpath

If you're using HTML, you would simply use something like this:

<A HREF="mailto:me@here.com&subject=Virtual cache answer">E-mail me with the answer</A>

Obviously you'll replace the 'me@here.com' with your e-mail address, and 'Virtual cache answer' with whatever you want to appear in the subject line.

The one fault of this is that is reveals your e-mail address to anyone looking at the page. If you wanted to avoid that, you'd have to get them to e-mail you using the link in your Geocaching.com profile (or you could use some much more complex scripting to hide the address somehow, I think. Don't ask me how though!).

Hope that helps!

The simplist way (Like Bill D suggests)is probly just to tell them to go threw your profile.

I have a cache that requires the finders to send an email. I used <A HREF=http://www.geocaching.com/email/default.asp?aid=XXXXX target=new>Email Me!</A> over here. It opens another window right into the email user JoeCacher window. You will want to change 'email me' to whatever you want to say, and the Xs to your ID number. I think for it to work the person has to be logged in.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg