Delete Photos W/o Deleting The Lob

cachebaby

:D

I have a webcam cache in Manhattan (GC4054) and want to delete all the photos added with the 'finds'. But I don't want to delete the logs. Is there anyway to do this (seem to recall the used to be a way...)?

Everyone's able to determine where the cam is based on prior cache find photos.

(searched the forum but didn't see this topic covered - apologies if I missed it)

Thanks for your help,

Cachebaby

I'd just chalk that one up to the nature of the beast.

As a non-traditional cache, the whole point is to produce the photograph. I'd be awfully irritated if an owner deleted a photo of mine in a log, unless they had a good reason.

Saying that a webcam pic gives away the location is kind of contrary to the object of a webcam "cache."

[edit] Forgot to answer the question.

To my knowledge, an owner cannot delete just the images. Deleting a log deletes the associated images, but there is no way to delete only the image.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z

I guess I kind of get your point but yea it is the nature of the beast.

Even if you could delete the pictures from past finders the cache description itself tells the person how to access the webcam. So you go to look at the page you have to go to in order to log the cache and it is there for all to see anyway.

I'll 3rd that.

The whole point of a webcam cache is the webcam photo. Take that away, and it's a (very lame, and probably not approvable) virtual cache.

I'll fourth that (or is that a fifth) If it is a fifth Jack Daniels, please! :lol:

And while we are at it...Take away all the links to MapQuest, TopoZone, MapZone...

Or go to the website of the webcam, there is the address.

I hope to log the cache! With a business trip to NYC planned for next month, and this cache on my Watch List, I saw your note about deleting the pics...

Webcam caches are about the photos. Please reconsider??

OK...point(s) taken.

I created the cache (at the time) because there were so few in Manhattan. Maybe it is time to archive it.

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have had the folks email me the photo as proof, not post it on the site. That would be one way around people just looking to see others photos to ease their bagging the cache.

IMHO, virtuals have their place as long as they're created in a way to actually get people out from behind their computers and to the cache coordinates. I hope to create some more.

Thank you for your input.

Cheers,

CB

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have had the folks email me the photo as proof, not post it on the site.  That would be one way around people just looking to see others photos to ease their bagging the cache. 

Is it a crime to have an easy cache in Manhattan or something? :lol: I don't get why a web cache should ever be difficult (other than finding someone to snag the picture for you). If you don't like it, I'll bet someone would be glad to adopt it from you...

--Marky