Gsak And Symbols Control

:tired:

Is there a way to set a default symbol when exporting waypoints to Mapsource?

I think about the geocache symbol I need to have when I want my Garmin 60CS to use the waypoint as a Geocache waypoint.

Actually I need to reenter the geocache symbol in Mapsource everytime I download a new list of waypoints from GSAK to Mapsource then to my GPS...

Thanks for help

-Denis

:tired:

Is there a way to set a default symbol when exporting waypoints to Mapsource?

I think about the geocache symbol I need to have when I want my Garmin 60CS to use the waypoint as a Geocache waypoint.

Actually I need to reenter the geocache symbol in Mapsource everytime I download a new list of waypoints from GSAK to Mapsource then to my GPS...

Thanks for help

-Denis

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "default"

However, GSAK does allow you to set up many types of icon mapping and save the settings so they become the default.

For example, in the simplest form you can set up mapping by status like:

Status = Symbol

Found = Geocache Found

Not Found = Geocache

Placed =Residence

Archived = Scull and crossbones

You can also set up mapping by icon type like:

Type = Symbol

Traditional = Geocache

Multi = Zoo

Letter Box = Residence

Finally you can combine the two like:

Type_Status = Symbol

Traditional_Found = aaaaaa

Traditional_Placed = bbbbbb

Multi_Found = cccccc

Multi_Placed = dddddd

Edited by ClydeE
Umm...I'm new to GSAK and I can't figure out how to change the icons for the life of me. I looked in the help but it doesn't tell you how to get to the Change Waypoint Icon Symbols. I'd also like the cache to have their GC---- names.

Help??

Please? :rolleyes:

Once you have created your list of cache waypoints to download to your GPSr click on the "send waypoints to GPS" icon on the toolbar. The send waypoints window will open and this is where you choose the waypoint icon symbol. Click on the "change" button. Also on this screen you can tag for the waypoint name. You want the GCxxxx name so you need to type in %code in the name tag box.

The waypoint description tags may not be working properly so don't play with it at the moment. Clyde will have a fix soon I'm sure.

Cheers, Olar