Victoria Kayaking Event Cache!

Peregrine007

I'm throwing this out there to see who'd be interested in a weekend-long kayak trip from the Victoria area. We'd probably put in in the Sidney / North Saanich area (possibly Swartz Bay...) and do a few caches in the closer Gulf Islands, camp out overnight on one of the islands, and paddle back the next day. The idea for this came from last year's trip up Indian Arm (North Vancouver) hosted by Jomarac5. We'd love to see some of the Vancouverites come over for this!

So, who's up? We're thinking early May (yeah, that's less than a month away!) but exact dates are to be decided based on peoples commitments and availabilty.

While you wouldn't have to be a die-hard kayaker to do this trip, it's probably not a good one for people who have never paddled in the open ocean before. A slight breeze can kick up some good chop in this area, and there is a considerable amount of large boat and ferry traffic to contend with also.

Post a note here, and let's see who's interested!

I would be interested, especially if the event fell on a long weekend.

Sounds awesome. What kind of distance are we talking about?

How the heck did I just post as Dagg?!?! Hmmm... someone's been coming over to my house drunk and using my computer! :D

Edited by Dagg
I would be interested, especially if the event fell on a long weekend.

Sounds awesome. What kind of distance are we talking about?

OK, now that I'm logged in as the right person...

We're thinking about a 40km round trip (20km each day) or maybe a little longer. Depends what caches we aim for. I have to look at a map of caches in the area and plan a tentative route. Stay tuned!

Edited by Peregrine007