Groundspeak Store Shipping

Team GPSaxophone

I wanted to buy some 5x10 stickers for ammo boxes so I could show them to the park rangers I'm meeting with in a little over a week. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that the shipping cost would be $5.50 for 10 stickers (I figure I might as well stock up now since I'll have several temporary caches setup for my event and some will probably be made permanent).

I would like to buy a few other items over the next few weeks, but I just need a couple of stickers now. I just can't see paying so much in shipping charges for such a small, lightweight item.

Any suggestions?

The only option we currently have is UPS. They have a base fee we can't get around, which is why I personally ship travel bugs each week via USPS. We are pushing our partners to upgrade their shipping system so they can start price shopping for orders with low rate requirements.

The only option we currently have is UPS. [...]

I do not know anything about delivery services in the USA and exclusive contracts. I live in Holland (europe) where things are done - maybe - in a little more outdated way. :D

One big gc.com cache sticker in an envelloppe weights 22 grams and putting that in the mail (postal delivery, very normal here) would cost me 2 stamps of 39 eurocent each. That translates to about 95 dollarcents.

Sending 10 in an envelloppe will cost me 1.56 euro. :P

But putting things in a box in the mail (bring it to the postoffice myself) is expensive: when the postman has to ring at the door the extra cost for this are 4 euro! :D

So I even send gc.com caps in envelloppes to customers - not in boxes - . :D

I have to agree the S & H prices suck!!!!

At this point I have turned to other options and such as homemade stickers and even just using a Marker to write outside the cache...but....

I want to spend money on quality items but when the price goes thru the roof when it comes to shipping I get turned away....

same thing on the travel bugs...I just have no real desire until S&H becomes a little more reasonable...

The novality of travel bugs, coins, stickers, pencils, etc....is just not the same when I was a "newbie" and for me to warrent paying the S&H i'd suggest you find another source and quick because i'm sure i'm not the only one that gets discouraged....

same thing on the travel bugs...I just have no real desire until S&H becomes a little more reasonable...

Just want to point out that you can actually get TB tags with cheaper shipping. Go to the track page and order from there (tbs only). You have to use paypal, but the tag(s) get sent via usps first class. However, TBs are the only thing sold this way.