Too Many Waypoints

mgabel

Just used GSAK to create a big .loc file of caches. Exported to a Garmin .mps file. Uploaded into Mapsource City Select v. 5. Gave each cache the "box" symbol - which is the symbol I use for unfound caches. Downloaded (via USB) all the waypoints to my 60CS.

I'd like those geocache sites to appear just in the geocache waypoint list. They are indeed there but they are also in my regular waypoints. Not only is this a duplicate but I'm trying to keep the number of my waypoints a bit small, at least for now.

So, is there a way that when I download geocache waypoints they go JUST to the geocache waypoints on my GPSr and not also to the Waypoints waypoints?

[i know I can display waypoints with a certain symbol, but it would be nice to display all BUT a certain symbol - or even to choose a checkbox of symbols.]

That doesn't just happen when you download to your 60cs. If you create a waypoint and assign it one of the two 'cache' icons, open or closed, it will put the point under both menus. I wondered how to eliminate them too from the regular waypoint menu as it clutters things terribly. If they are going to exist there, why have the geocache menu at all?

Yeah, I think its annoying too. Good luck finding a solution. If you do, would you email me?

Thanks!

Darren

So, is there a way that when I download geocache waypoints they go JUST to the geocache waypoints on my GPSr and not also to the Waypoints waypoints? 

I noticed this possible duplication of waypoints with my 60C for the Geocaching mode as well. I work with GIS databases and assumed (or, wondered) if this simply was a result of the firmware querying out a list from the waypoint "database". I'm fairly certain this is the case. If you delete a "Waypoint" waypoint listed with the geocache "closed" box icon for example, it will be deleted it when you look in the "Geocache" waypoint listing as well. Another test to illustrate is to download all your waypoints to whatever software program you use to manage waypoints, and you will not find a duplicate. It will list only the one, with the icon you choosed.