Posting "found Its" More Then Once...

Gargoyle

This isn't that big of a deal and I am sure that it has been covered in other threads, however...

I think... and I dont do that much... that when a person revisits a cache... whether it is to scoopup a travelbug or to log a personal travelbug or whatever... that that person SHOULD NOT enter that second log as a find...

I am sure that some of these are done by accident... and I am sure someone is gonna tell me to relax and worry about something important... but it makes me a little crazy to see that when someone visits a cache that they log it as a second find.

And in the spirit of doing this by accident... I have to admit that I have accidently logged a cache twice... ech time as a find... after I realized that I did this I went back and fixed it.

Thats all - I will be quiet again...

Gargoyle I agree with you in that I wouldn't log a find twice either. I have had it pointed out by several cachers that one of my caches has been logged by the same cacher 3 times already. I am not going to delete their extra finds because I leave it up to them to decide what's best for them.

I just worry about myself in this game. If others want to play differently it doesn't affect me in the least.

Personally, I would delete the log and let the cacher know that I've done it and why I have done it. Additionally, I would send them an e-mail with the text of their log so they could post a note to the cache instead.

That is my opinion . . . such as it is.

Happy caching and stuff! <_<

I have had it pointed out by several cachers that one of my caches has been logged by the same cacher 3 times already. I am not going to delete their extra finds because I leave it up to them to decide what's best for them.

I had this same thing happen to me recently, and the double find was within the span of three days. It was probably a mistake anyway. The fellow took a TB and the place he was going to take it didn't work out. The TB is supposed to stay within the state, so he took it back to the original cache, where he logged the second find.

There is another guy, quite a bit further away from me, who likes to log finds when he does maintenance on his own caches, or if he retrieves a TB from one.

I was irritated at first, but then I caught myself and thought why does it matter? As long as nobody's logging truly fake finds that lure people out to caches that are no longer there, what do I care? I have become ambivalent about the practice now.

Personally, I would delete the log and let the cacher know that I've done it and why I have done it. Additionally, I would send them an e-mail with the text of their log so they could post a note to the cache instead.

(dadgum! How do you quote two different posts?)

For the quote above. I agree with this only in the one instance I recall for logs on my own cache, I emailed the finder first and gave them the option to delete or change to a note before I took action. (They didn't respond so I deleted about 5 days later.) The only other problem I've had was a virtual finder that posted the answers unencrypted. I sent a very nice email explaining to the newby the concept of why this should not be done and requested they adjust their entry. No action so I permanently encrypted the log and then after four days I deleted the entry. Finder reposted with a huffy find log.

Quoting LB & MM. (Our Oregon neighbors) "I have had it pointed out by several cachers that one of my caches has been logged by the same cacher 3 times already. I am not going to delete their extra finds because I leave it up to them to decide what's best for them."

This is the other option and it does not bother me, at all, if this policy is used by other cache owners. The only comment I think might be appropriate here is that the Hide a Cache instructions appear to encourage deleting of innappropriate logs.