Visting Montreal

McKenzie Clan

Hello to any Montreal cachers....

The McKenzie Clan will be visiting Montreal for a few days in about 2 weeks and we want to hit come caches...

There are several located in Mount Royal park (near our Hotel), but several of the cache pages / logs describe big hills and slippery slopes.

How are conditions around there these days.... I know in Ottawa much of the snow has melted, but that equals mud...

Is there still a lot of snow in the Park?? How would the trek be for a 4, and a 7 year old???

Thanks in advance...

Scott

PS If anyone knows any caches close to the 417 that would be great too!

Thanks! :)

Hello to all the McKenzie clan.

The conditions in and around Montreal R about the same, very wet, some caches have still too much snow too be found and/or R still dangerous...

Here R a list of caches that can be done with the family at this time

GC123A

GC123B

GC74AB

GCGKRP

GCB55F

And a list of caches to avoid because they're not ready or R dangerous

GC6BOA

GCH6Y1

GC89EF

GCAAA6

Let me know if i can help some more

Maraudeur

Edited by Maraudeur

I did the Mountain during the summer last year. While my biggest problem was mosquitos, you will probably find it too dangerous to do a couple of the caches. One in particular, a virtual, would probably get you killed without climbing equipment. If you fell and started sliding you'd go right off the cliff!!

That said, if the stairs or the road up are OK then you can get to most of the caches without any problems at all. Just take your time as the vertical delta's between the caches can make for a good workout!

Thanks to you both...

I'll be keeping an eye on the weather, snowed again last night :) ..

I'll also remove the caches you suggested from my possible list maraudeur.

With little ones 2 - 3 caches a trip is all I can keep them interested in so Its not like I was planning a cache marathon anyway. lol

Thanks again...

Scott