Starting A Geocache

Hi guys,

I'm still somewhat new to the whole geocaching scene. I've already found a few caches, and now I'm interested in hiding my own since there are none around where I live (the closest cache to where I live is 10 miles away).

I was wondering, how can I get a hold of an ammo box? It's not necessary that I get one or anything, but if I choose to use an ammo box as a cache, I would like to know how to go about getting one.

Cheaperthandirt.com is the best place for ammo boxes that I know of, other than the ocassional flea market bargains. Shipping isn't as much as you would think at Cheaperthandirt. I think it was $6 last time I placed an order for 18 boxes. Of course $6 stinks if you're buying one, since they are only $3.99

If you can't find ammo boxes, check out Lock 'n Lock containers or Rubbermaid Seal-n'savers.

Edited by briansnat

Thanks for the help...if you're ever in Michigan, be sure to keep a lookout for my cache (Search for ZIP 48809). It'll be a while before I can get it placed as I'm busy with college. I'm going to aim for next weekend to place it if the weather's nice.