Ftf Compotition

Will+Bill

I haven't checked, but I think I have 9 or 10 FTFs out of 71 found. I admit, I have gotten sucked into this FTF thing. Sometimes, I have to travel quite a ways, as I am the main person hiding new caches in my area right now. Most bitter moment: I drove an hour and a half to be the first finder on two new hides. Unfortunately, it had snowed a lot the day before, and the snow depth was easily 18". I dug around forever, and couldn't come up with either of them. I was unable to revisit the area again before somebody else came along.

One time, I saw one listed about 7 p.m., and I was out the door. I slogged through the mud and crawled on my hands and knees up steep slopes to get to this thing, only to search for an hour in the dark and not find it. Logged DNF, figured it was the darkness. Got an email from the owner the next day, "Sorry, I sent you on a wild goose chase, I accidentally reversed two of the numbers in the coordinates." I was out again the following evening, and found it. Of course, I probably could have relaxed. The next finder took about two weeks, I think.

There are about two other people in this area besides me who seem to care about FTF, and one of them is not willing to go out at night, as far as I know. So the com "po" tition is not super fierce around here.

I'm not obcessed on being the FTF but my hubby can be. Sometimes we are the FTFs and sometimes were not.

The funniest FTF was one evening about 11:30pm Ironman114 had checked the e-mail. A new cache just came up and it wasn't too far from our house. Away he went with the GPSr and his BFL. About an hour or so later I heard him drive up. I asked him if he was FTF? He was the FTF but it was not that great of a cache. He was logging his find and I turned around headed back to bed and LMAOFF :lol:

Edited by IronMaiden