Unknown Cache At Hacklebarney

HartClimbs

I was off hiking with some friends today at Hacklebarney with the kids running all over the place and to keep them busy, I was pointing out likely places where a geocache might reside. Didn't even have the GPS on when my son exclaimed "We found it!".

Well - he did. I turned the GPS on - and there was no cache located there (so I'm assuming this may be the final stage of a multi???) - but we signed the log and rehid the cache exactly as we found it. Now that's lucky - finding a cache by just looking in likely spots in a couple hundred acres of park.

Now the $64,000 question - what cache was it? I neglected to take the time to read through the logbook, but did notice a GC.COM stash note (was definitely a geocache)!

Any ideas? I'm thinking it may be the Old Stage 2 of the NJ cache hunt but figured I'd check with folks who've found it (the last online find is a while ago - but someone had signed this logbook fairly recently I recall).

Coordinates are fairly close - but that cache was noted as going missing a while ago (and this cache was in fine shape). Actually, looking through the logs - there are some VERY similar coordinates. Someone must've replaced it - it was a tupperware container and included a log (and pretty good contents).

If this is the cache - it should be unarchived ('cause it's definitely there!).

I'll eagerly await the unarchiving and reading the next finder's logs!

There are some people who are good at geocacheing, they can navagate

streets plotting parking spots without looking at a map or the gps, there are

some goecachers who can walk on water (so Im told) and find caches with

only half of the cords. and then there are the supercachers, whos mear

presence is enough to make the caches give themselfs up. to jump out of thier

hideing places yelling "I give up, I give up" :ph34r: