Non-geocachers And Tbs

HalnJen

I was just wondering, is it "geo-ethical" to let a non geocacher carry a travel bug to one of it's goal locations? For example: I picked up a TB and one of its goals is to travel to the Statue of Liberty. I have a friend that is traveling to NYC. Is it ok to let her take the TB to New york for pics and return it to me so I can put it back in a cache? Thanks!

As I am new to geocaching and travel bugs myself can't say that I speak with great authority however...since non geocachers are welcomed to participate if they happen across a cache or if they happen to find a travel bug...I'd say that it would be perfectly fine for your friend to participate. Anyways, isn't everyone a non geocacher until they make their first find or tb exchange...maybe you have a prospective cacher in your midst.

I think that if a bug needs to travel to the Statue of Liberty then an attempt should be made to place the bug into a cache as close as possible.

For example, I have a bug which is slowly travelling from the UK to New Zealand. He wants to meet up with some sheep! Ideally this should involve him being logged into a cache somewhere rural as well as hopefully a few piccies of him with sheep!

I wouldnt want someone in South Africa (where he currently is) to give him to a friend going to NZ so they could take a piccie before replacing him in another SA cache.

I am happy to wait so his goal can be achieved properly rather than taking a short cut!

:D

Tiffany

I was just wondering, is it "geo-ethical" to let a non geocacher carry a travel bug to one of it's goal locations? For example: I picked up a TB and one of its goals is to travel to the Statue of Liberty. I have a friend that is traveling to NYC. Is it ok to let her take the TB to New york for pics and return it to me so I can put it back in a cache? Thanks!

If you have a concern about this method, why not email the owner of the bug? Ask them, what you've posted here. They may love it, or they may prefer the slow and deliberate travel that some bugs take.