Garmin Legend Help

syoungblood

Hello all, well we finally ordered our first gps. :unsure: We found a new Garmin Legend on e-bay, including the Mapsoure Metroguide software. I was able to get this for $152.00. That seemed pretty good to me, as long as it all works.

My question is, do you have any ideas on accessories that I am going to need to pick up? I know I will want a carrying case and the training video. Is there anything beyond that I will need? I am obviously new to this and would appreciate any advice. The main thing we will be doing with this unit is trying geocaching since it would not work too well as an auto gps. Thanks for the help.

Save your money - don't spend it on the training video. Just start playing with it and read your manual if you have any questions. If you can't find the info in the manual, then you can find it here! :unsure:

I second the motion for the cigarette lighter cable. One very reputable eBay dealer is rnrplace. Feedback is 100% of 4284! I bought mine from them - use it a lot!

Enjoy! :)

Edited by Neo_Geo
Save your money - don't spend it on the training video.  Just start playing with it and read your manual if you have any questions.  If you can't find the info in the manual, then you can find it here!  :unsure:

I second the motion for the cigarette lighter cable.  One very reputable eBay dealer is rnrplace.  Feedback is 100% of 4284!  I bought mine from them - use it a lot!

Enjoy!  :)

Check out GPSgeek.com for cables....they are much much cheaper, and have excellent customer service. I buy from them quite often for different things, and have never had a bad experience.

I agree about the training video...big waste of money.....

EDIT: I use my Legend in my auto, just plot the routes ahead of time with MapSource, then download them into the GPSr....it works great for that!

Edited by Sparky-Watts

Check out GPSgeek.com for cables....they are much much cheaper

I beg to differ Sparky...

rnrplace on eBay is $17.00 shipped insured if using "Buy it Now" (save an extra $1.00 if waiting for auction end).

GPSGeek.com is $18.00 for comparable cable including shipping.

That doesn't sound "much, much cheaper" to me. :unsure:

I stand corrected! :D I basically meant gpsgeek was cheaper than buying from Garmin.....I may have to look into rnrplace in the future...thanks for pointing that out!! :)