Nova Scotia Snow Storm

Ducky

Man,

I've seen some pictures and the drifts are amazing. The most important thing is no one got killed during the storm, but remember to take it easy digging out. Heart attacks while shovelling are very common because of the bent over position and too much exertion.

Time to make friends with a snowblower owner!

Take care and geocaching again in the spring will surely be an exciting time.

Mike

:D Man did we get Walloped !!! I think geocaching here in Halifax will be at a stand still till spring <_< . It wasn't so much the snow as the up to 100Km winds that were blowing, my plows just couldn't keep up with it.

I've sent a St. Bernard with a keg of rum your way......he's a bit of a lush, so don't be surprised if the keg is empty before he gets there....if he gets there at all......hang in there, my sources tell me that Spring will definitely come this year!! :D

:D Man did we get Walloped !!! I think geocaching here in Halifax will be at a stand still till spring <_< . It wasn't so much the snow as the up to 100Km winds that were blowing, my plows just couldn't keep up with it.

:D So, does this mean that you don't want to hear about the fact that it was sunny and +12 here in Victoria yesterday? Or that I washed the truck, and was debating mowing the lawn... Seriously though... saw the news footage last night, that is some serious snow... Happy Shovelling! :D

Edited by tirediron

i'm not a geocacher yet but i been watching these boards (because i hope to get a gps soon). i'm from nova scotia and i'm delighted with the snow because i'm an avid snowshoer & we hadn't had alot this year. i should be good to go for awhile.

unfortantly there was one death blamed on the storm. i think it was a 6yr old boy who was trapped in a house fire that the firefighters could not get to because of the snow.

:D I have now plowed more snow than I care to speak of!!! And another week at least of 12 hr shifts :P

Replys;

Red Fox Raiders I EAGERLY await a "found it" somewhere in HRM :D

Sparky-Watts Saint Bernard got here, but in a police car. He had been arrested for drunk and disorderly and breaking curfew. :P

tirediron What can I say but I have placed a curse on you so that you will be posting "didn't find it" for the next little while :D

storm1 Hope to see you caching soon :D

Taxman003 I have seen some snow drifts at least 20 ft high and I've had people begging me to dig them out with the front end loader and I've had some dirty looks when I put more snow in their driveways :P

Two words for Team Oddball..."FOUND IT" (GCHRAP) B)

:huh: Congrats on another FTF. Had my brain not been fried :huh: by 7 12 hour shifts from 2000 to 0800 in a row pushing, throwing, hauling and piling snow I might have beat you to it :o. We still don't have the aerodrome CFB Shearwater totaly clean yet, but we're getting there.