60c Questions

M_an_M

I'll be getting my 60C in the mail in a few days and I have a few questions (Im upgrading from an etrex legend):

1) Will MetroGuide Mapsource v.4 work with the 60C?

2) Is the battery compartment cover of the 60C the same as the e-trex's? (I have a car mount for the legend that uses a special batt. compartment)

3) Will I be able to use the Legend's DC power adapter on the 60C?

Thaks in advance!

-Max

I believe the 60 will *work with Metroguide, but I do not have it to say first hand. Others have said it will auto route and others have had problems. As for the battery compartment, this is my first GPSr, so I'm not sure, if I had to guess I'd say it was the same for the rhino's ( I think the rhino and 60 share the same form factor). The power adapter is the same one used for the 76 series. It is the larger of the 2 round 4 pin serial/data plugs. I just purchased an adapter from gpsgeek at a reasonable price.

1. If by "work" you mean autoroute, it gives me errors in the turn-by-turn directions. If you mean can you load maps and lookup POIs and addresses, then yes, it does work.

2. No. I have both a Legend and 60C - totally different design.

3. No. The data cables are different.

The 60C serial connector:

02a8aaa8-0f6c-4b6f-97c3-2c6518232db3.jpg

The Legend serial connector:

6aa44c79-59e0-43af-ab59-1f8f44bedb7e.jpg

I'll be getting my 60C in the mail in a few days and I have a few questions (Im upgrading from an etrex legend):

1) Will MetroGuide Mapsource v.4 work with the 60C?

MetroGuide v4 works just fine on the 60C. Autorouting -does- work but not very well in some areas and is not reliable enough for me to trust (still using my GPS V for autorouting for now). I'm ordering CitySelect v5 which is supposedly fully autorouting compatible with the 60C.

I had no problems auto-routing with MetroGuide v4 on the 60C. However I was used to City Select v4 on my GPS V, and MG4 was a bit lacking in quality. So I went ahead and bought CS5 and am happy once again. :D

I could have also unlocked CS4 for the 60C but I'd rather be able to sell it along with the V.