Garmin Etrex Legend For Sale

RockyRiver

OK I'm going to sell my Garmin Etrex Legend. I have a like new Etrex Legend For Sale, it has the manual and the comport data cable included. I will sell it for $125.00 or best offer plus shipping. It has been in a case from day one and used very little (case not included). I just horse traded and got a Garmin Vista, which is a fancier unit. I am not a smoker and gaurantee the unit to work like it should. COD only, No PO Boxes, no personal checks. I would like to sell to a person who has been a member at least a few months, and established here at geocaching.com. Make me an offer. Contact me at rodneymoore(@)mindspring.com, I had to do make my email like this to make it post here.

Edited by RockyRiver
I am not a smoker

Great! Um, why would I care if you were a smoker? (if I were looking to buy your Legend) Just curious.

If I smoked and you didnt would you want to smell that on a GPS everytime you held it? Look back to a former post here about a GPS for sale, and the buyer complained of it stinking. The original post was by Trailsrider. http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=61034 . If you asked this question about me making a point I do not smoke then you must smoke and do not smell the stinch? ( Im not knocking you, just making a statement that us non smokers do not care to smell second hand smoke). And by the way this is not the same GPS as in the Trailsrider post.

Edited by RockyRiver
I guess that means that all "firemen" stink.  Are there any "firewomen" here who are willing to let me test out this theory?

Dear pern47, Please try to make a contribution to geocaching.com instead of always causing controversy or making up fabrications, or you could be labeled a Troll.

Edited by RockyRiver

Back to actual gps sales...

Wow, thats a good deal I think. But what is one the basemap? The garmin site say "The basemap contains lakes, rivers, cities, interstates, national and state highways, railroads and coastlines. ", but theres only one pictures, so I still don't really understand what they mean.

(I already have semi-plans to buy a different unit, but would still like to know about those basemaps if you wouldn't mind explaining)

Using Cedar Rapids, IA as an example:

I-380 and Rt 151 ARE on the basemap, but most of the city streets are not. 10th St. and Mt. Vernon Rd. DO show up, though Bever Ave. (seemingly equal to Mt. Vernon) DOES NOT.

More detailed streets are available by upload, but require an additional software purchase and the area is limited by the memory of the unit (8 mb).

Dear pern47, Please try to make a contribution to geocaching.com instead of always causing controversy or making up fabrications, or you could be labeled a Troll.

In my experience, phern47 has been a pretty straight-up kind of guy, not the type to cause controversy or fabricate things. So, unless you can point to specific examples, I invite you to step off!

BTW, what's bad about being a Troll?

Nothings bad about trolls the problems they cause (and a few missing goats from time to time).

If you go back a few days you might see that the smoking issue was 'pressed' by the same persons. Can't we all just get along? :unsure:

/e fixed quote (there didn't need to be one)

Edited by welch

In my experience, phern47 has been a pretty straight-up kind of guy, not the type to cause controversy or fabricate things. So, unless you can point to specific examples, I invite you to step off!

BTW, what's bad about being a Troll?

When I get a chance tomorrow I will go back and bring up several of phern47 post where they contribute nothing to the thread except controversy. Its after 12:00 PM here so Im tired. Will go back Friday and try to show you what I mean. Until then I will not back off. If you get a chance show me where phern47 has made some good post that helped others.