Multi-tools

Ferreter5

Well, I guess it could be good or bad, depending on your perspective, but I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned the Gerber Legend series yet...

I personally carry a Gerber Urban Legend multi, and I selected it because it was a little smaller than the original Legend, all of the tools could be used without unfolding the handles, the jaws had cutters that you can rotate to a new surface if they get dull, the handles were rounded and fit well in my hand and the tools were locked in place when engaged. Sure, it's not exactly a one-handed operation to use the pliers, but I'd need both hands to do most of my plying anyway...

My biggest issue with any multi-tool that has handles that touch when the pliers jaws are closed is the fact I pinch the meat of my palm when working with them. Just something that one might want to consider when purchasing.

The handles on the Leatherman (at least mine) don't come together when closed. No problem with pinching here, but I've used some that will pinch you every time.

If anyone is interested I have quite a few Multi-tools for sale. I have them from the L/man Micra up to the large Gerber, SOG and Leatherman. I am reducing my knife collection. All are slightly used (some new micras) but in perfect shape..... I will sell them to cachers at a great price. I'm gonna eventually put the remainders on ebay but figured I'd give cachers first shot. Email me. :P