Is Not Active

planetrobert

maybe there could be an option for PQ's for in addition to is active have an option to filter for is NOT active that way some of us cachers could help keep an eye on caches that are made inactive for EXCESSIVE periods of time and check on them if the owner is not reachable after a time.

just a thought on how to keep an eye out for geolitter

Such a filter should be in the next version of Watcher. (Due out soon.)

When this happens, you'll be the hero of cache reviewers everywhere! (Well, you are already, but not specifically because of helping us with cache review tasks.)

Presently, some of the volunteers (including myself) scan through the entire database of caches for our approval territories, one page at a time, looking for caches that have been disabled for a period of time longer than the "few weeks" stated in the Guidelines. For me, that means advancing through the search results for more than 3,000 caches. In other areas, there are just so many caches that this task is impracticable. If we could download huge chunks of caches and filter for just the disabled ones, I think the volunteers could do a better job of checking up on the owners of disabled caches.

We are, of course, also happy to follow up on inquiries from concerned cachers such as ralann.

Presently, some of the volunteers (including myself) scan through the entire database of caches for our approval territories, one page at a time, looking for caches that have been disabled for a period of time longer than the "few weeks" stated in the Guidelines.

Ewww.

What you REALLY want is exactly what the original poster requested; a button on the PQ page that is the opposite of "is active" so you can get a PQ containing only the disabled caches.

If you're a Watcher user and ClayJar's stuff will take care of that, I won't get in the middle. It took only a trivial change (3 minutes) to make GPSBabel to filter on the available tag. I'd have to think for a while if I'd want to make this a general-use flag, how to expose it, doc it, and so on, but the code is so "obviously correct" that if you'd like a custom GPSBabel that or another admin would take one or more PQ's and hock up a GPX file that contained ONLY the caches that were unavailable, I will send you one.

Mail me with the OS you use and I'll send you this custom version. This offer good only for approvers until I figure out how to make this generally useful...

I don't mind creating custom versions of GPSBabel to help the folks that ultimately help me.

I just tried that option and I come up with ALL caches, not just inactive. It was the only option i selected.

Hey, he said he'd add the button, but that doesn't mean it does anything.

As it is, I wanted to point out that I get the same result. My query gives me all caches and not just inactive.

Jamie