Uk/london Record

OzGuff

It appears that Seasider, while in London the last few days, found 40 in one day! (This makes my 25 seem pretty paltry.) We have e-mailed back and forth, and he said he was pretty darn tired at the end of that day. He also managed to pick up just about every FTF available.

It was interesting that we had tentatively arranged to meet Monday night to talk (and maybe do a little night-caching). When I got back from my meetings Monday night I waited an hour or two for Seasider's call but he never called. So I decided I would go out on my own to find a few more caches. (There were four new perthos caches at the time.) To my surprise Seasider had found at least two of those four caches. I think that it was his plan all along to lure me into a false sense of security, and while I was waiting for his phone call back at the hotel he was racing around snapping up the FTFs! :D

Well maybe we will meet next time I am in town! (And I see that a few more new caches have popped up in the area. I think Seasider has returned north; I might be able to beat him to them...

I managed to beat Seasider to a FTF in Londo ntoday - I guess the 200 mile head start was just enough!

Nah! I was at the Library at 8.30ish but the fence was too high to get over! I didn't realise it was an enclosed area which didn't open until 9.30! So I went off to bag 4 of the new Kings Cross caches before heading into the city for a liquid lunch!

Bagged it on my way back from the pub and it has been a popular cache today.

Will be updating my logs when I get back but there are still 2 virgin caches a bit further North near the Angel which are up for grabs as me & London are going to part company very shortly!

I did indeed do 40 on a very long day on Monday - Regent Park & canal caches (that was about half of em thanks to perthos!) then I just headed round the circle line with the odd detour to St Pauls & Russel Square until I could walk no more! I managed a meagre 15 (including a few single log multis) yesterday and well just 5 today! :blink:

Ozguff forgot to mention that despite jetlag he bagged 26 on Sunday - including most of the Regent Canal series - he must have walked a fair few miles that day. Some performance after flying over the pond the day before! :)

Not that we are numbers men, of course!! :)

Cheers

Seasider

Edited by Seasider

I thought Seasider had gone back North. I had considered going to the Piazza on the way to work but I know the Library does not open until 10, so guessed the square would still be locked until after 9. I decided to risk a wait until lunchtine - but my scooter came in handy - by public transport I would have been beaten as getting from The Strand would have taken more than 15 minutes more.

FYI--those 2 virgin caches near Angel have been de-flowered! :blink::)

Hope to finish up central London by the time I leave Saturday morning! The multi-caches (though incredibly enjoyable) just take alot more time! I have to admit that since I arrived Saturday morning I have walked at least 50 miles (and half of that was on Saturday alone). I have been places I never knew existed and places I probably shouldn't have been. And I have loved (most of) it all!

However, my legs and feet are hurting!

That's all the London virgin caches sorted then!

I know how you feel - I'm more tired than any of my country caching missions!

Just as well I am caching with The Hornet & LIS today - I can take it easy!! :):):blink::D:)

Right i'm off before my GPRS connection cuts out - hotel wi-fi doesn't seem so bad now!!

Cheers!

Seasider

Just as well I am caching with The Hornet & LIS today - I can take it easy!!  :ph34r:  :D  :D  :P  :P 

Has been a good day's caching but "dad" & "grandad" went to bed at 9pm after drinking a pint of stella and a bottle of wine each!! :D:DB):P:ph34r::DB)

Cheers!

Seasider

Edited by Seasider