How Do You Log A Bug Not Logged Before You

yummykaz

I found a travel bug and moved it on the same day.

I came home to log it and found that the previous finder and mover never logged it so I could not post that I found it in the cache I found it in, or that I moved it.

How do you post a find on a Travel Bug that has an incomplete log to keep it going??

I found a travel bug and moved it on the same day.

I came home to log it and found that the previous finder and mover never logged it so I could not post that I found it in the cache I found it in, or that I moved it.

How do you post a find on a Travel Bug that has an incomplete log to keep it going??

Is it the "New Orleans Hitchiker" your'e talking about? At the Just Off GreenBelt Cache?........

looks like it was just hidden yesterday and only has one other finder before you. You might wait a day or two to let the bug get a chance to get "placed" into the cache first...(Some folks are kinda slow at posting their cache finds.....maybe they only get a chance to kick the kids off the computer once a week.

Anyhow, then you can "grab" the bug and have it in your "inventory" for placing it later.

Another solution is to email the owner and have them do a virtual placement into the cache, then you can grab it.

I'm assuming that you actually do have the bug physically in your possession. (OOPS...I see that you moved it on the same day.....that's different....gonna have to think about that for a bit).

Well, the owner can still place it in the cache you found it in....you grab it....then you place in the cache where you actually left it. Everything's straight then......

Good luck,

JayBee

Edited by jbhooker3

I just ran into that, and I saw that the cacher who moved it mentioned in the cache log that they took it from the cache, but never logged it out, or into the cache they placed it in. It had been a while since they did the move, so I figured they weren't gonna log the bug. I "grabbed" it from the cache it was listed in, and dropped it into the cache where I found it, mentioning in my logs what I was doing and why, then grabbed it from the cache where I actually found it.

I just ran into that, and I saw that the cacher who moved it mentioned in the cache log that they took it from the cache, but never logged it out, or into the cache they placed it in. It had been a while since they did the move, so I figured they weren't gonna log the bug. I "grabbed" it from the cache it was listed in, and dropped it into the cache where I found it, mentioning in my logs what I was doing and why, then grabbed it from the cache where I actually found it.

This is exactly what I have done in this situation as well.