Simple Caches Boring?

YodaDoe

It's possible Sparky that the activities you choose may be bad for your spine. Choose wisely in the future and your back may start to feel better.

f3dee966-3a4c-462c-8f40-eaf7a6cf8e39.jpg

ROFLMAO!!!!! Oh, maybe that's what my doc was talking about! That would explain a lot! :D:D:P

I'll remember that next time I go looking for ......oh, well.....never mind! :D:D:D:D

I have to agree with the previous poster. I too would be asking, "why have you brought me here." What is so special about your front yard? The novelty of finding coords on a GPS alone, wears off pretty quick. But bringing me to a beautiful view, a park I didn't know existed, a quiet trail in the woods, a hidden theme based treasure, or something comparable, this is what I love.

There is a big difference between an "easy" cache and a pointless one. You can put a very easy cache in a great location. You can still put good things in it. I really don't see the point when there is nothing in the cache but a log book, and nothing special about the location. These caches are thick around here, and I think people just want to score "finds." The trouble is, there is nothing in the page description letting us know it has not view and nothing good inside. You go there expecting something. The good ones ARE getting lost in the junk. Recently I pulled a garbage bag out of ditch with a plastic container inside that held McD's toys and plastic junk.... for what?

The following is not directed at anyone in particular - just ranting.....

This is ridiculous. Why complain about a cache - ANY cache? Somebody took the time to put the thing out there - you didn't ask them to do it, they aren't looking to impress you, and chances are somebody else WILL enjoy the find. Since when did YOUR standards become so incredibly interesting and valuable that you feel the need to share?

Well... since they decided to have forums. Where people could express opinions. That's really what this particular thread is about - do you like, or appreciate, or hunt easy caches that are placed nowhere in particular. Some do, some don't. The people who have posted to the thread are saying what they think. If you don't like hearing what people think, why are you reading forums at all?

These posts come up from time to time in various threads. "why are you people talking about this at all! why don't you stop complaining!" And to you I say, Sod Off.

It's the old saying. "Opinions are like a******s - everybody has one and nobody wants to look at the other guys."

BTW Sparky.  Herniated disks aren't the end of the world.  I had a "candlewax rupture" of a disk some years ago and still enjoy backpacking, climbing, canoeing, etc..... so I hope you feel better soon.  I've just had to give up the belly dancing career.

Hey, I've had one repaired/fused already, but still have permanent nerve damage from it. That was almost 3 years ago, and the one just above it herniated within 9 months of the surgery, and now there's one down lower that's going. Sucks getting old.

Lift with your legs, man, lift with your legs. :blink: