Geocide Etiquette

sept1c_tank

Jesus was in the memorial tomb 3 days. Should that become the minimum ? Or only those professing to be christians?

It's not just Christians. Back in those days, people (the Jewish at least) waited a few days before declaring a body "really" dead. Folks weren't always as "dead" as they appeared, and there are cases where people "revived" after being buried.

Things like that still happen today, as with the toddler who recently "drowned" in a pool, was declared dead, then realized to be alive hours later.

The "three days" in the Bible is important because it supports the fact that His body was really, really dead, and not just in something like a really deep, temporary coma.

George

The distinct difference being Jesus didn't put himself on the cross. Geocide is self inflicted. You can't make yourself a martyr, though that doesn't stop some people from trying.

Uh oh. Isn't that what the whole faith is based on? If he was truly the son of god, no one could do anything to him he didn't want done. Therefore (as I understand it) he chose to be crucified.

Now, since it's a choice to commit geocide it stands to reason that, if you who are committing the geocide are also the son of god, you're welcome to come back 3 days later.

Edit: spelling

Edited by CacheCreatures
The distinct difference being Jesus didn't put himself on the cross. Geocide is self inflicted. You can't make yourself a martyr, though that doesn't stop some people from trying.

Uh oh. Isn't that what the whole faith is based on? If he was truly the son of god, no one could do anything to him he didn't want done. Therefore (as I understand it) he chose to be crucified.

Now, since it's a choice to commit geocide it stands to reason that, if you who are committing the geocide are also the son of god, you're welcome to come back 3 days later.

3 days sound good to me. Unless you use a sock puppet then you can come back as fast as you can log in.

And on the Jesus thing. Those who crucified him made the choice to crucify. Jesus submitted to the punishment. It's as simple as that. Go go beyond that you have to start making assumptions and speculate.

Opened a can of worms there didn't I? Wouldn't want to start up a theological debate. One of those topics that could get heated quickly, maybe even worse than Virtual cache arguments. :lol:

How long before Re-birth? I think it depends on HOW and WHY someone quits. Personally I didn't agree with Duane's How and Why, so welcoming him back like nothing happened is hard to swallow. He is however a member of our little forum community, or was...what a minute, whats IS his self inflicted status? Hey Duane, are you here or not?

And on the Jesus thing. Those who crucified him made the choice to crucify. Jesus submitted to the punishment. It's as simple as that. Go go beyond that you have to start making assumptions and speculate.

Hmm lets fan the flames a bit (I'm stuck at work so why not). The entire Christian faith is based on one simple "fact". Jesus was crucified as punishment for all of humanity's sins; past, present and future. Everything beyond that is extrapolation and assumptions. He didn't "allow" anything. In fact, he (since he is god) orchestrated the entire event just so we humans would have a way of cleaning the slate. Since we proved that we couldn't live the sin free life (as per the old testament), this was the only way we might be accepted into heaven.

Ahhh, 4 years of Christian theology all summed up in a paragraph.

Edited by CacheCreatures