Plotting Saved Tracks On A Map

CaptnPea

Hey all,

A non-geocaching question: Garmin Map76, MapSource (US Roads and Rec)

I was at a B&B last weekend ran by a couple that has a lot of backwoods trails for tele-mark skiing. He borrowed my GPS and went out and saved a track and some waypoints while out on some of his trails, now I have them in my home PC using MapSource to bring them in.

The goal is to provide an accurate trail map on good Topo map of the area.

1) I would like to plot these points on an accurate Ontario Topo Map, area north of the Soo. Any Canadian surveyors or the like that can lead me in the right direction to get good maps.

2) Can this be done electronically? Is there available accurate MapSource, or similar type mapping for this area that I can import the data to?

Thanks,

Captn Pea

Currently MapSource offers no topographic mapping products for Canada. Free low resolution Canadian topo maps can be downloaded from Toporama a Natural Resources Canada website.

These maps can be used with a variety of mapping programs including Fugawi, OziExplorer and others. A good freeware option is GPS Trackmaker

There are numerous commercial sources of high quality digital topographic maps. See My Webpage for comparisons.

g7towin

If you can use this program and download your track and save it as ozi.plt file.

Then go to this web site

gpsvisualizer

You can upload your track and it will make a map for you that you can download with your track on it. I don't think it does topo maps though.

This is the only place I have found on the net for doing tracks in Canada.

Give it a try.

:unsure:

Edited by gm100guy