Magellen Sportrak Map Firmware Update Uk

;) Updating Your GPS Receiver Firmware (Software)

1. IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE PROCEEDING

This page contains firmware updates for many Magellan GPS Receivers. You may not need to update your GPS, but if you want to use the most current MapSend software products you should first update the firmware. Please note: these firmware updates are for North America only. If you are using your Magellan GPS receiver in other parts of the world these updates will not be necessary.

A wee extract from magellans site

Having read "Daisy&me"'s post about applying the upgrade and findig that "it worked fine", and also the statement on the Magellan page that the fimware upgrade was for North America only, I decided to go ahead with the upgrade.

I find that the upgade has increased the number of features that the Sportrak pro offers significantly over those which were previously available to me in version 3.01.

As I use the GPSr for other applications as well as 'caching the added functionality is a particular bonus. There appear to have been absolutely no negative effects from the upgrade ;):blink:;)