Lost Travel Bug

Leftygator

According to the Log Book Mr.Coffee & Madam Tweet took my Travel Bug, named "The Old Car" from my cache named "Library Trot", Biloxi, MS on 12-25-2003. At the same time they placed a Travel Bug named "Pretty in Pink" in that same cache that they picked up in New Orleans. In both cases they failed to log out the Travel Bugs.

Since this was my first Travel Bug I would like to find it. Does anyone know the where abouts of TB "The Old Car" or these two cachers?

I hope that this is the correct place and manner to post this.

Thanks

they sure don't exist in the system thats for sure. I wonder if they realize how much frustration they're causing you by not logging their caches and TB finds online. Don't loose hope. Maybe they'll hit a cache soon, drop it off and the next to find will set it straight. The exact same thing happened to me. Its been 3 months and I'm still waiting... :D

Thanks pnew. Appreciate your post. One of the reasons for this post is to make others aware of the importance of logging Travel Bugs when they are picked up. It doesn't mean that you place them right away but at least the pickup acknowledgment is there. Of course I realize that some people are traveling and are not able to log until they return from their trip. I realize that it has only been three weeks but the fact the cachers do not exist in the system add to the concern.

I just put it out the day before and it was my first. Sure, I could put out the copy but that's just too soon. Then after placing the copy what happens if the other one appears. Do I log it as missing now or wait a bit before I do that. I have posted a two notes in the log concerning this in hope no cachers make a trip to get a Travel Bug that does not exit. At some point, I will have to report it lost.

Was just hoping that someone knew who they were.

Thanks

A lot of people don't want to give out information to websites. It's highly likely that there are geocachers and letterboxers out there without accounts (and therefore no way to log online). Since the people in question dropped off a TB chances are that they know enough to drop yours off as well.