Gpxsonar Version 1.1 Final Release

-=(GEO)=-

Volwrath...

Is there anyway to delete a cache from the gpx file after it is found?

You need to be more specific here. Are you talking about a cache that you've found previously (marked in GPXSonar with a green checkmark) or is that a cache that you've just found for which you have created a field note (green note icon next to the cache name)?

I tried ignore cache and it worked fine until I closed sonar and reopened it.

This does not make sense. GPXSonar saves the state of what you do upon exit. Any ignored cache will remain that way until you un-ignore it if you check the "show hidden caches" checkbox in the filters.

Then the ignored cache was back. I've resorted to tagging found cahces as archived caches

You should not do do that. This is not necessary.

Please check out the docs for the app, it will help you:

GPXSonar Online Docs

There's also a downloadable version on the main site.

Regards,

Fabien.

Geo, let me explain a little better. When I find a cache out in the field, i mark it as found. When I log it on the geocaching site I mark it as ignore. As soon as I reload the app, the ignore caches are back. If I go searching again I don't want these 'found' caches cluttering up any newly found caches, so I mark it as archive. About 1 every couple of weeks, I upload a new gpx file that has only new files in it, so at that time, 'archived caches' dont matter.

As far as the docs go, thanks, but I don't need them. GPSsonar is easy enough to master for a geek like me. I do have the program stored on the SD card. Maybe that is why the ignore caches reappear. Trust me, they do reappear. I just verified it 10 secs ago...

Is there a way to get GpxSonar to automatically load my .gpx file instead of prompting me for it everytime I start it up? With GpxView, I can specify the file as a command line option on the shortcut. I tried that with GpxSonar's shortcut and it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Geo, let me explain a little better. When I find a cache out in the field, i mark it as found. When I log it on the geocaching site I mark it as ignore. As soon as I reload the app, the ignore caches are back. If I go searching again I don't want these 'found' caches cluttering up any newly found caches, so I mark it as archive. About 1 every couple of weeks, I upload a new gpx file that has only new files in it, so at that time, 'archived caches' dont matter.

As far as the docs go, thanks, but I don't need them. GPSsonar is easy enough to master for a geek like me. I do have the program stored on the SD card. Maybe that is why the ignore caches reappear. Trust me, they do reappear. I just verified it 10 secs ago...

Volwrath

I'm sure GEO will have a way to explain your situation better than me but I'm kind of thinking that you aren't using all the options available to you in the program.

When you mark a cache as found you will get a check mark next to it to see (unless you have that turned off in the preferences) or if you have the columns squeezed together where the checks don't show. That in itself will let you know what caches not to be looking at. I'm curious as to what you mean by "reload the app". If you are taking out the data file saved by GPXSonar then all of your saved information will be deleted and yes any items maked saved/ignored/found will show again.

To the best of my knowledge there are no known issues as to where the program is stored. Main or memory card it all works the same.

Rosco,

I understand what you are saying, BUT if I have 40 found caches, 20 which I have previously logged how do I tell the ones I havent logged from the ones I have since Ignore is not sticking. (I think the ignores come back after I hit the notes column to sort all the notes to the top). Anyway I label the logged founds as archived, and then they disappear when I put the newest gpx file on my ppc.

What I mean by reload the app is to completely exit gpxsonar, reload it and reselect the gpx file to use.

The only data I am exchanging is the gpx file. not any of the log or .dat files

Its not that big a deal, actually cause the program still rulez! [:huh:]

Edited by Volwrath

Oh yes I also had an idea for a feature. It would be nice if there are two sets coordinates to put in for Home and Work in addition to the center feature. When I make a cache my center, i lose my coordinates to my house and work. it would be good if they were seperate and saved somewhere.

Once again, its not that big a deal tho

Edited by Volwrath
I understand what you are saying, BUT if I have 40 found caches, 20 which I have previously logged how do I tell the ones I havent logged from the ones I have since Ignore is not sticking. (I think the ignores come back after I hit the notes column to sort all the notes at the top). Anyway I label the logged founds as archived, and then they disappear when I put the newest gpx file on my ppc.

What I mean by reload the app is to completely exit gpxsonar, reload it and reselect the gpx file to use.

The only data I am exchanging is the gpx file. not any of the log or .dat files

Its not that big a deal, actually cause the program still rulez! [:huh:]

If you put a "note" on the cache that you have logged, you will get a clear color tag next to it. One that you have put a "found" on it will have a green tag. Once you have logged the cache on line and put that gpx file in, a check mark will show on it also.

What I'm saying is there are plenty of visual prompts letting you know that you have found and or logged a cache that you don't need to use the ignore option.

As for the the ignore option, I haven't had a need to use it so I'm not experienced with the problem you are having. I might do some testing just to see if I can get it to do it also....

Oh yes I also had an idea for a feature. It would be nice if there are two sets coordinates to put in for Home and Work in addition to the center feature. When I make a cache my center, i lose my coordinates to my house and work. it would be good if they were seperate and saved somewhere.

Once again, its not that big a deal tho

Guess what!!! That feature is already in the program. Matter of fact it's one that I suggested to GEO a while back. Goto list options/set center coords. Put in your first set of coords then hit "Bookmarks" then load your next set and so on. When you need a special set of coords you have saved just go to the bookmarks and BINGO :huh: there they are......

If you put a "note" on the cache that you have logged, you will get a clear color tag next to it. One that you have put a "found" on it will have a green tag. Once you have logged the cache on line and put that gpx file in, a check mark will show on it also.

What you are saying is true, except for the fact that I may not reload my gpx file for a couple of weeks so I wont see the checkmark. Actually I will never see the checkmark, because in my PQ I only request caches that I havent found, so the old ones simply wont show up.

Volwrath...

What version of GPXSonar are you running and on what platform?

I can't reproduce the problem that you reported with the 'Ignored' caches showing back up after reloading GPXSonar. No matter where I run the app from (Main memory or SD Card), ignored caches remain ignored.

I'm thinking that there's something else about your filters causing the problem but I could be wrong. If I were you, I'd take a close look at the "Cache Attributes" filters.

Regards,

Fabien.

PS: You may want to 'purge' GPXSonar from all these archived notes (by generating a report with the delete option checked) and from the "ignored caches" tags (Un-Ignore Dialog) because they will clutter the memory over time.

PPS: please RTFM :huh:

Edited by -=(GEO)=-

Geo,

I have a Dell Axim x3i running WM2003.

I also read your docs. I also discovered something new. The caches are indeed still showing as ignored if you view the edit button in the cache attributes screen. Also Show ignored caches is unchecked, yet they still show on the main screen.

Jeeters...

Is there a way to get GpxSonar to automatically load my .gpx file instead of prompting me for it everytime I start it up?

Good idea. I'll add that for the next release.

GEO, is it a good idea to have GPXSonar to auto load the GPX file, I for one carry more than one GPX file in my ppc, as I travel a lot and need more than my local file with me, could this be an option??

Jim W...

GEO, is it a good idea to have GPXSonar to auto load the GPX file, I for one carry more than one GPX file in my ppc, as I travel a lot and need more than my local file with me, could this be an option??

Even with an auto-load, you would still be able to load any other GPX file you want and certainly could have any number of them available to you. This should not be a problem.

Regards,

Fabien.