New Feature Request - Neaby Cache Link

The Navigatorz

I have a request for a new feature - add a link on each and every cache page which when clicked, you get a pop down list of 10 nearby caches.

Sometimes I read or hear about a cache I'm interested in finding, say XYZ cache. But while there I'd like to also hunt for caches located near XYZ.

One way currently to do that is when at XYZ cache page, in order to find nearby caches you click the geocaching maps link. Then when at the map, you then zoom in or out to see more caches, then click identify to get a list of nearby caches.

This request would save several steps. When at a cache description page, if you could just click a hyperlink which pops down a menu of 10 nearby caches, then you could go directly to those pages by clicking on each link in the pop down menu.

Anyway, I'm not a computer programmer so it may be more of a headache or too costly for gc.com to incorporate, but I think that would be a handy tool to have.

On the cache page, you'll find a section between Additional Hints and For Online Maps... called Find.... In this section there is a link for finding all nearby caches. This should do what you want without requiring any programming changes.

Hmmm... You've been around a while & probably already know this... Maybe there's more to your idea than I'm seeing. :unsure:

Edited by bitbrain

I usually do as BitBrian suggested. Under the FIND sections, click NEARBY CACHES. Once on that page I click "Map it" in the upper right had corner. You can then Zoom out and click "identify" and then click which starting cache you want and it will show you a map of up to 20 of all the nearby caches with the distance and direction from your starting cache (along with the hyperlink to the cache pages). I usually do this and print out this page for my plan of the day.

You're right BitBrian. That feature has been there probably forever and I never noticed it. That's exactly what I was looking for. Now I feel stupid. If it was a rattlesnake it would have bit me for sure. I had in mind a popdown list, but a new page listing the nearby caches works just the same.

Edited by The Navigatorz