Do You Log Your Own Tb As A Find?

kodiak_62

I'm still farly new to Geo-cacheing so I'll ask this question. I am headed to a Geo-Cache Event 98 miles away and I have a "NEW" Travel Bug I plan on taking with me. Do I release him in a local cache, then log it in as a find.....then take it with me to the Event? I'd like an accurate starting point on the Travel Bug but didn't know if you could log in your own Travel Bugs. I haven't seen anything against it so far, but I'd like some feedback from my fellow cachers. <_< Anyone have any advice? The event is in 3 days!!!!

You can either find a new cache and "drop" it there and then "pick it up" again (keeping it in your possession, but doing the dropping and picking on the cache page), or you can drop it into a cache you've already visited and pick it up again (once more, done on the cache page). This is completely acceptable and quite often done. That will give you a good baseline starting point to start tracking actual mileage on your bug.

I was wanting to get a starting point as close to home as possible. My other travel bug started around here and it's on its way....Possible to the same Event Cache. I'd like to see the different "miles traveled" on the two Travel Bugs. I didn't care if it would post a "find" into my log. Thanks for your help! <_<