How To Search For New Caches

sddarkman619

I think you're right SBPhishy. The only way to get that kind of search is with Pocket Queries, and the only way to do PQ's is by ponying up the $3.00/month for Premium Membership.

However, another advantage to PM is downloading the GPX files and using a program like Plucker and Spinner to download the cache descriptions to a PDA. Voila! Paperless caching.

If you search by state all the new caches list first.

If you are just trying to get some FTF's you could bookmark your home area over at Buxley's Geocaching Waypoint they list all the established caches in red, and all the new caches are blue dots. Click on them and it will take you to the cache page. They also list caches from Nav1cache, and in some areas those are lsited way before GC.com lists new caches.

You can also go to the advanced search and hit the California search (I presume that's where you are based on your tag). Or bookmark this page. Admittedly, you have to weed through the entire state (and get past the numerous event caches), but if you're bound and determined to be FTF, you can still do it like that.

Somewhere on the forums, someone has recently mentioned a subscription thingy that will e-mail you when there are new caches in the area. I can't remember what it is - nor how it works...