Directroute Question...

TheNikeMan

I got DirectRoute this past weekend and went on a road trip this weekend. When I entered in a street address that I wanted to go to, it would make a route, but on the map screen it would only show the direction i need to turn and how far away it was before I made that turn. It would not tell me what street I needed to turn on. Same in the routing screen, it would only have the direction I need to turn and something like M01 as the road name. Anyone have any ideas? I loaded the entire maps into my GPS for the area I was in...

Thanks

So, you had the new firmware from Magellans website installed before you had the DirectRoute software, and that's how it was messing up for you too?

I have version v. 5.00 from Magellan's website. Does that change when you install from the CD? Let me know what yours says, or anyone elses.

Thanks

Edited by TheNikeMan
It seems that street names for the turns are stored as waypoint comments. If you already have 300 or so waypoints with comments (like with a gpx file loaded), then you will not be able to see which street the unit wants you to turn on.

Wyatt W.

True. The Meridians limit you to 200 comments. I've made it a habit to save my waypoints to the SD card, so I can clear them out before I do street routing.

Yea, I've got the same thing Stunod has. BTW, mine is working great, but now I'm wondering if it's because I had over 300 waypoints saved on there...hmm, oh well. I'm only gonna keep a few on there I guess, or does anyone know how many you can have before it starts interfering w/ the street names?

Your DirectRoute CD came with GPS firmware?  Which disc is it on?  Mine doesn't have any firmware, I had to download from the web site.

JetSkier

Mine came with 4 CDs: 2 in the jewel case (Install & Data), the Canadian Streets Update CD, and one labeled Firmware Update

Mine only came with the 2 in the jewel case. I guess the web site would have the most recent firmware (5.12 for my Meridian Color and Marine). By any chance, does it have 4.06 for the Marine?

JetSkier