What If A Tb Is Not There?

Jeff24

:o What if online its showing a TB at a cache but the last four or five logs says it is not there.Who can remove this bug from being listed on the cache page . Jeff24

I guess the reason I would to know , is I found a cache today that in the last three or four logs said the TB was not there. I can verify it is not. So why does the page keep showing a TB there.

Edited by Jeff24

If someone takes a TB and keeps it (Steals it) then they probably are not going to log it on the site. Or if a new person takes it thinking it is a trade item, or if someone throws it in their pack or car then cannot find it they can't/don't log it out of the cache. Or if someone picks up a TB and then drops it into a cache without noting its TB # then they cant log it out of the cache. (They could however email the bug owner and ask.)

So the bug shows as in the cache when in reality it is MIA. So it is then up to the bug owner to either move the bug to a "travel bug graveyard," log it as MIA or simply do nothing. I think it usually depends on how active the cacher is.