Looking For Caching Buddies

icecoolputer

There does not seem to be a spot to advertise that you would like someone to go caching with. Being a newbie, I thought I would start one!!! So if you need someone to go caching with, lets try and use the same format in the header of your message for whatever kind of person or persons you are looking for...

Seeking in/(or near) city, State/county/province, Country, (in the header)

Any other requirements such as male or female, age group, kids allowed or not, pets allowed or not, groups or singles, when you can go, and anything anyone else can think of. (in the message body)

Example:

Seeking in or around Victoria, BC, Canada,

and in the message you can put this kind of info...

require M or F, ages 20-45, kids allowed, pets allowed, singles or groups, and I have my own vehicle. Any weekends and evenings, and on Mondays and Tuesdays. More adult oriented, but can handle having kids and pooches there as well.

email address is <whatever your email address is...>

From there you can contact each other and go geocaching! Make sense? Am I out to lunch? Sure I am, but why not get out and meet new friends, and have more fun getting out and doing what you love!

Hmmm... more work for the moderators... boy are they gunna love me!!!

<grin>

Seeking in or around Victoria, BC, Canada, to go geocaching.

Ages 20-50, male or female, kids tolerated, well behaved dogs tolerated. I have my own vehicle, willing to go most anywhere on the island with enough prep time.

Don't really know the area that well, although I have lived here for 2+ years. Available on weekends and on Monday and Tuesday evenings after 4:30 pm.

No finds yet, but have 2 DNFs. Want to get out with someone who knows what they are doing before I get discouraged and teach my Garmin GPSr how to fly, AND swim!!! Thanks for having a read!

mechjock@telus.net

:blink:

Sounds like a great idea for a forum. I know of several people who would appreciate going along with an experienced Geocacher or couple who can share the fun of the sport to get someone new involved.

You can count me in on this, if we can find a way to create a little more time in the day so that I can get to enjoy some fun time for a change. I for one will be happier when we have more daylight, and the twins are done teething.... ;)

It would be good to be able to refer people to the board and specifically to a forum for beginners seeking some guidance in finding the first few caches.

Heehee! Looking for single female with same interest... arrrg! I can't go through with this. Maybe I'll find someone at a cache site and we can both open the tupperware together

You might have to sit at a cache for quite a while before someone both female and single shows up! <grin>

The idea of this board is to find other cachers to go with as it is ok to go alone, but some caches are just not safe to go alone to. There are some that I have read about that are right nasty needing rope and helmets!

Anyhow, the idea is just to find other people to go with... the rest will sort itself out as it goes! As Delenn says, "Faith manages." Have faith in that you will find her, and you will, because life sorts itself out! Note I say this with NO religious directions.

Looking at this thread makes me chuckle.

How would you write this up to put in the 2 papers in Toronto like NOW and EYE?

A friend of mine sent me a story about someone who met a girl geocacheing from a newsgroup and it was interesting to say the least and I can't post it.

<_<

Edited by gm100guy

You might have to sit at a cache for quite a while before someone both female and single shows up! <grin>

The idea of this board is to find other cachers to go with as it is ok to go alone, but some caches are just not safe to go alone to. There are some that I have read about that are right nasty needing rope and helmets!

... and don't forget...cougar encounters. <_<

Looking for someone to help me with my first cache find. I am in the greater vancouver area (Burnaby actually), and can't wait to get started. Need someone with a lot of patience to help me out. Received Garmin Etrek Legend for Christmas and am busy learning the manual.

Well, i live in the Greater vancouver area, (Port coquitlam) i'll be more then happy to show you the ropes... i'm still learning a few as it is... i have 24 finds... unless of course your looking for "A lady... " to "teach you the ropes" of geocaching.. Lol whicever, i'm always free... not like i have a life or somthing... :(

Great that you are willing to help do finds. Unfortunately I don't get out to Vancouver. I think the last time I was there was back about 7 years ago... driving through to get to Alberta and back. I managed to triple my finds on Friday! Then we got snow and covered up all the caches...

Gonna have to wait till Wednesday till we get some rain! Now that the work week is upon us, I will be available on Monday and Tuesdays from 430pm on as well as on the weekends!