Magellan Help

obe

I just received a magellan sportrack pro , i live near thunder bay ontario , the ontario base map that comes with it sucks, no lakes big or small ( only lake superior ), no rivers, it shows armstrong but not the hyway that goes to it, not even lake nipigon. hardly any detail of anything It just has very little more than my 315 i sold and it was non mapping, it says on the info page the basemap is na marine- 1.05 no detail maps installed, is something wrong with this gps or if i buy the magellan canada mapsend streets and destination cd will i get all the detail info i need. thank you

Mapsend Canada is pretty good but don't count on it showing all the details. It's quite variable depending on where you are. Works well for me in Southern Ontario but I'm currently spending Christmas on the banks of the St John River in New Brunswick - except that my Maggie says there is no river :D . Says I should be able to walk to the cache a short distance from the front door - well you could if you could walk on water or catch a ride on an ice flow. Bottom line is that you still need a good topo map.