The Pit

mogolloyd

I believe this is the movie you are refering to. The link to filming locations says it was filmed in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. 2 zip codes came up for it- they are 53916 & 53917. Now all you need is to do a search on the main page with one of those and there ya go. I did a search on both and the closest cache to either zip is about 6 miles, don't know how close or exactly where movie was filmed but it doesn't look like any caches are too close to the town.

I believe this is the movie you are refering to. The link to filming locations says it was filmed in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. 2 zip codes came up for it- they are 53916 & 53917. Now all you need is to do a search on the main page with one of those and there ya go. I did a search on both and the closest cache to either zip is about 6 miles, don't know how close or exactly where movie was filmed but it doesn't look like any caches are too close to the town.

There was once a serial killer named Ed Gein who lived up in those parts. He made lamp shades out of human skin and did other yucky things. A neighbor used to vacation in the area. He said the locals obliterated the site and basically got rid of any info about it. This was to discourage tourists from nosing around. Good luck in your search. :lol:

There was once a serial killer named Ed Gein who lived up in those parts. He made lamp shades out of human skin and did other yucky things. A neighbor used to vacation in the area. He said the locals obliterated the site and basically got rid of any info about it. This was to discourage tourists from nosing around. Good luck in your search. :lol:

Gein was the inspiration (if you can call it that) for both the movies 'Psycho' and 'Texas Cainsaw Massacre' among others. He was from Plainfield, about 60 mile NW of Beaver Dam. Sound like a real FUN area to vacation in. :D

Ed Gein was the inspriration for "Silence of the Lambs" as well . In addition to the lamp shades, he used to wear the skins of the people he killed, especially women, as clothes (you can see the "Silence of the Lambs" and "Psycho" inspirations). Guess I know where I can get clothes if I run out of money.

Edited by Jokester

Thanks COD, I had already done all that, I was hoping for someone to see this and say something along the lines of " yeah, I know where the stupid sink holes are and I actully placed a cache in it." Or " Hey I played Jaime and if you want I can push you in the hole and turn your bones into a virtual because it really happend and I didn't really die in the end but you will mogolloyd with your butting into my affairs and being the only one on the face of the planet who remembers the movie and I haven't killed yet. " Something like that.

Edited by mogolloyd

It is one of the worst movies in history, but it's a fond childhood memory. Besides there was already an autistic hero of the 80's in Rainman, To keep things equal they needed to go to the other end of the spectrum and go with a serial killer child with autism. Although on his behalf his teddy bear who was possesed by demons coached him into it. I remember when my demonic Cabbage patch kid used to tell me to.......Nevermind thats between me, Brian Christoper, and Xavier Roberts.