How Do I Use A Scanned Aerial Photo??

mi&bl

http://www.oziexplorer.com/

this program will do everything that you need.

there is a newsgroup on yahoo for the software and they can giveyou all the help you need.

I started using this program about 3 years ago to get co-ords of old houses from old maps and aerial photos. You just need to identify as many of the landmarks as you can and get waypoints for them then you can calibrate the photo and away you go.

hope this does the trick for you

mick

ExpertGPS also has this cabability, but as aerial photos are already available to the software, there is no need to scan them in. Just mark your waypoints then print the image you want. If you do have a color aerial or some other more 'special' image you want to use, you can scan/calibrate/use it if you wish.

Edited by gnbrotz

Maybe another option?

USA PhotoMaps Available HERE you put in the starting coordinates and it retrieves the maps from the TerraServer, will also download Topo maps under the Aerial so you can switch back and forth.

Only downside is that the Aerial photos are a little old, and the topos' are even older, at least in my area, but on the bright side you don't have to do any scanning... Good Luck!

Ohgr