A Bozo Question.......

I am a carpenter who builds houses, so please give me a break. I am no computer geek, I just like logging finds. LOL Anyways, here is my problem.

My dad recently purchased a Megellan Platinum. He believes he found a mistake in the basemap. He works in Pueblo, CO and lives in Colorado City, CO. The gps says that Colorado City is 2.5 miles North from Pueblo. Well, Colorado City is 25 miles SOUTH of Pueblo.

My dad called tech support and confirmed there was a problem. They said they would give the new coordinates to their engineers. They also explained to my dad that they use libraries and town halls to mark waypoints. Colorado City's town hall is in Pueblo, and I guess that's what the problem is. My dad just got back from a trip and was wondering why this is still happening and why hasn't he heard back from Magellan?

I hope this makes sense and was wondering if anybody else ever had a problem like this? This is a serious question, no clowning around here. ;)

Any expertise would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Duane

Upinyachit

:P

Why what is still happening? That his unit still shows Colorado City in the wrong place?

It will continue to until Magellan puts out a software update that fixes it. That may take a while.

yeah you can go to their webpage and Dl an update for it and see if that changes it. I doubt they would do an update for that though.