Cemetary Hides?

All cemetery caches should be archived, period. A definite NoNo.

Could you provide a logical reason for this statement? I can understand your refusal to do them, but why should they be removed for everyone? And do you think this prohibition should include virtuals and/or multis with the container outside the grounds or just physical caches located on the grounds?

There is a cemetery in my town where I have placed a cache, and which I believe is one of the most amazing, historical, and interesting places here. It was used in the 18th, 19th and early 20th centuries. Before I placed my cache, I made sure that the land was not private. It was reclaimed by the city, as there are no living relatives of the owners remaining. The city reserved the land, and made it historic, but the cemetery is no longer in use. My cache has had exactly the effect I was hoping for. People go to find the cache, and when they get there, they see what an interesting place they have found and spend more time looking around the site, than looking for the cache. Here, check the logs...

The Boneyard Cache

This cache has been received very well, and I have no second thoughts at all about it. This site probably only receives visitors from Geocachers and other historically inclined people anymore, and the cachers that have been to the cache, have been very non-intrusive and careful. I'm glad I'm helping other people to see this area, and enjoy their hobby at the same time.

~~Trudger

edited for typos

Edited by Trudger
Hi, all,

Do you think that cemetery hides are a good idea? The guidelines don't explicitly list them as a no-no, but I have some qualms.

Thanks,

- Team Og.

I find cemetarys very interesting places to cache. I have been to several of them and enjoyed them all. Some are virtuals and they'll direct to you an interesting tombstone engraving. Others are tradtional and they'll lead you through and interesting area.

Hey we're all headed to one eventually.