Topo! Software Now For Mac

Parsa

I performed a search and didn't see this anywhere...

National Geographic has finally made a Macintosh version of the Topo! state software.

The Topo! software sported a check box for the Mac from even before it was bought out by N.G. However, no Mac version ever appeared.

The newest edition of the Topo! state maps is now Mac OS X compatible. It looks pretty good. I'm waiting for my copy to arrive.

Topo! State Map Series

The cheapest prices I found for the Mac version were new copies for sale on Ebay, and at 4x4books.com

Parsa

It's limited to work with selected GPSr's. Magellan SportPro is not listed so I'm still going to be sitting here waiting.

Unlike certain other unnamed vendors, the Magellan serial protocol is highly compatible across models. SporTrak Map and Pro are distinguishable from the 330 and Meridian serially only by their response to the "what model are you?" command; everything else is identical.

So while it is possible the software is special casing the response to this, I'd be shocked if any waypoint/track/route manager that worked on 330 or Meridian family didn't work on SportTrak family.

Today I just bought my copy for North Carolina State.

It works very fine. My only concern is the price 80$ per state. The North Carolina state comes with 5 CDs. I will be only using one (Western NC). I'm on the corner of GA, SC, NC and TN.

I would have prefer to get the 4 cds that covers the 4 states corner for my 80$.