Which Pda's Work Well?

Solar Max

I am now lookiing at the Sony Clie , and the Palm Tungsten E. There seems to be lots of aftermarket cases out there for both.

I've had the Clie...the cheap blacknwhite model Sl 10 or something like that and it worked great. The Sl 22 looks even better.

I've decided to upgrade to Ipaq 2215 and it's Pocket PC rather than Palm. Advantage of Palm is lots of free software, but I wanted to try out Pocket PCs and do some programming associatted with them. Anyrate, for your case, the Clies are great buys!

It turned out that, thanks to some great friends and teammates, I am using a Palm IIIc running Cachemate 3.22, and Cacherunner is running a Zire 21 with the same software. I also got a Tungsten T3, but as I was warned, it's a great PDA, but I wouldn't dare take it into the wild, and chance losing it. The Palm III has a better cover, and seems a little tougher thatn the T3. The test will be in Olympia in a week.

the aluminum cases available are amazing.

i keep my ipaq in an aluminum case and in a sack made by my wife. on the trail it goes in an aquasack as does my sportrak pro.

83757_3800.jpg

i use the ipaq 1940/45 with a 512SD card. it is a great tool to have. i run my journal pro and gpxsonar. paperless!!

delorme offers a bluetooth soloution for gps.. not tooo $$$. i might pick it up soon.

i am still open to suggestions though for software.

robbie

Edited by robree