Geo Journals For Sale

trail mix 3

I ordered three journals (two for me and one for my mother-in-law). They're great! I fill in the cache info on the front of the page, and use the back of the cache page to either write some notes about the cache or tape a picture of my family at the cache. It's become a nice little way to travel down "memory lane." I used to print off the cache pages too, but printer ink gets kind of expensive after awhile. Since you can log 100 caches, the journals are much more convenient not only in size, but in price! Thanks for putting together such a great product!

-FoatFinders :(:D

Hello trail mix 3.

In case anyone is interested, we bought several of these journals from trail mix 3 before they left our area.

They make very good gifts, swag and "light" activity cacher gear. We still have a couple around here somewhere I found in a box while moving from the old house to the new one.

If you don't use GSAK (we do), go paperless (we do) then they will work great for keeping track of your caching experience.

Logscaler & Red

I like the idea of "geojournals" to keep track of your cache finds.

I first go into letterboxing, so for that, had a journal book to keep the ink stamps I got.

When I got into geocaching, I wanted to do the same. Keeping stats on my finds, and including things like coords for finals and multis, clues given for series caches, and the like.

So far, I've been using the large, official geocaching log books for this purpose. But as they aren't geared to that, I haven't been too happy.

I've been thinking of working out my own format, using a 8.5x5.5 sheet, then making it available to others to use.

You're looks interesting, but I see a few issues that make it less useful for me.

No room really to record final location of a puzzle cache, or each state of a multi-cache.

No place to record waypoint (GCxxxx) name of the cache. No place to record cache number (find #100 for me, etc).

I've been thinking of including the cache type (regular, virtual, earthcache, etc). No place for that.

When I hit a cache with a large number of TBs and geocoins, I usually take a few and discover all the rest. I like to record ALL the ones I discover, and there just isn't room for that.

Edited by emb021