Maritime Geocaching Club?

Insp Gadget

I don't think much else was done since the event cache. Is anyone interested in getting this started? I will help in any way I can. The winter months might be a good time to get this started.

I am currently spending a lot of time coding a GPS app for OSX to send maps to Garmin GPSrs. I have it working with my Legend but no user interface. I am looking into doing map editing and flash ROM updates under OSX also. Setting caches as POIs instead of way-points will be cool.

Time for another event cache for those interested in getting this started!!!! Location to be decided depending on where most of the interest is. I'm willing to organize something in Moncton if most of the interest is here. Also willing to travel elsewhere if there is more interest elsewhere.

Count me in! Who else?

I set up an IRC channel for live chat at irc.newnet.net #MGC

If you haven't used IRC before and use MS Windows get mIRC, if you use MacOS get ircle and if you use some form of *nix get BitchX. Set the server to irc.newnet.net or irc.eskimo.com and join channel #MGC

I will be online as FarSide (I OP some other channels on this network under that nick)

If we get enough people joining I can set up a bot to handle a few things such as distributing FAQ and any other common files, run a message service etc.

See you there.

I set up an IRC channel for live chat at irc.newnet.net #MGC

If you haven't used IRC before and use MS Windows get mIRC, if you use MacOS get ircle and if you use some form of *nix get BitchX. Set the server to irc.newnet.net or irc.eskimo.com and join channel #MGC

I will be online as FarSide (I OP some other channels on this network under that nick)

If we get enough people joining I can set up a bot to handle a few things such as distributing FAQ and any other common files, run a message service etc.

See you there.

Great work Farside X! I'm d/n MIRC as I type this!

As I has mentioned at the last Event Cache, I'm creating the web site for the "MGA" this winter, (as I've decided not to trudge through snow) I've just started up an eGroups Discussion group and invited the first batch of people to it. from there all planning of the web site and points of intrest will be gathered from all people who join. the first invited group were: Me (FunkyNassau), Inspector Gadget, Newf, HollywoodNB, _Johnny_Cache_, casperkb, Argus2, dougmeridith & Greywolf. If your name is NOT there, please email me and I'll add you up or if you have questions, I'll answer em.

I don't like snow :ph34r: snow is bad.

Would it be an outdoor event? I have all the intentions to get properly geared up for the cold this year but sometimes even the best intentions.... well you know.

The 18th being a Sunday would be better for me. Seems to me quite a few could not make the last event because they had to work on Saturdays. It may be different now.

The 17th might be a little difficult but not impossible for me.

I don't like snow :ph34r: snow is bad.

Would it be an outdoor event? I have all the intentions to get properly geared up for the cold this year but sometimes even the best intentions.... well you know.

The 18th being a Sunday would be better for me. Seems to me quite a few could not make the last event because they had to work on Saturdays. It may be different now.

The 17th might be a little difficult but not impossible for me.

Not to worry Farside. I set up an event cache for the 18th. There is a main lodge with a large fireplace and you will be nice and warm! For those who enjoy going out and doing stuff, there are many activities to do in this area. Hopefully we will get lots of people who wil attend!