Pics Of The New Garmin Gps 60cs????

Insp Gadget

I am not sure how Magellan got "trounced", but I admit that if they had the 60CS last January, I would have bought it instead of my Meridian Color. It would be nice to have something in the photo to show scales/size.

I see Garmin has learned from Magellan about front mounted buttons, color screens, and quad helix antennas.

Looks like a very nice unit.

Does anyone know if it has removable memory like the SD cards?

Edited by DustyJacket
I am not sure how Magellan got "trounced

Everyone has their preference, I was just stating mine. No need to get defensive. From the Geko to the eTrex to the iQue to the GPSMap 60cs.... personal preference I guess. I just think the Magellans are TANKS compared to the small Garmin units.

Both have comparable capabilities, reliability, etc. So for me it's all about size. I can have my eTrex Vista on my belt everywhere and no one notices. Try that with a Magellan Platinum, everyone will want to see your "PDA". LOL :)

By the way, my first GPSr was a Magellan 2000XL. Great unit at the time, did it's job well.

Edited by FlashMaster

Ur right about the Magellan being large. Both magellan and garmin have their strong points. But Magellan has "averaging", and the electronic compass can be read while holding the unit vertical, plus of course the removable memory cards. The garmin unit has an antenna that works the best when the unit is held vertical, but you have to hold the unit horizontal for the electronic compass to read correctly. But the color on this new screen is awesome! and 30 hours on a battery? very nice!

Yup,

I didn't mean to offend anyone. Both are great companies.

I can't live without my iQue though, I use it for work and it's a GPSr when I get in the car. Can't beat the flexibility! Some Garmin units have "averaging" also. And for me the compass feature is not important because I own a digital compass/barameter/altimeter.

Man I can't sleep knowing the GPSMap 60cs is due out in a few months!