Bicycle Handlebar Mount For Gpsiii

Rick.Garrett

I absolutely recommend the RAM Mount system for a GPS. In the old forums I posted a discussion on this, but I can’t find it now:-(. The takeaway is that I was looking for a mount for a Garmin Legend. I decided to spend the extra money for the RAM mount. I have crashed enough times with NO problems to the RAM Mount. As a matter of fact, I think it is the most solid thing on my bike.

You guys have the right idea. The ram mounts are very good, the factory handlbar mounts do vibrate loose or transmit shock to the gps unit with any kind of rough use.

Better yet try a Touratech mount- available in the us from cycoactive.com for about $85.

Mine covered 7,000+ miles of north africas worst "roads" and never came loose, while factory mounts on the same trip broke into pieces.

(my used touratech gps 3 mount is for sale $65- the clamps are a bit bent but still work and the mount itself kicks butt!)

-Ed

You guys have the right idea. The ram mounts are very good, the factory handlbar mounts do vibrate loose or transmit shock to the gps unit with any kind of rough use.

Better yet try a Touratech mount- available in the us from cycoactive.com for about $85.

Mine covered 7,000+ miles of north africas worst "roads" and never came loose, while factory mounts on the same trip broke into pieces.

(my used touratech gps 3 mount is for sale $65- the clamps are a bit bent but still work and the mount itself kicks butt!)

-Ed