Downloading Wp With The Geocashe Icon

Heya

When i download WP from the geocashing web site and opens it in Easygps, the icon with every WP is the standard WP icon.

But for my gps the Garmin GPSmap 76S i have a icon named geocache ( in Easy gps), and i would like to have that on all my downloaded wp who is Geocashes.

Is it possible to fix that or do i need to edit all 476 manually ?

Gratefull for any hint's

Thanks ;)

Heya

Thanks for the awsome quick answer. But I cant get it to work Easy MPS that is.

It seems to work perfectly and i clicked off for using a geocache icon, but when i open the outputted file it is still with the default wp Icon sir

And all the WP who had the geocache icon now has the default wp icon .

I have tried all selectable combines but all has the same result. Do i miss a icon lib ?

I downloaded all programs from website just to be sure .

;)

Edited by Mikkel

Also check out GPX Spinner. Some people use it to generate html files for downloading to PDAs but I turn off that feature and only use it for changing the icons (different icons for different cache types) and for changing the waypoint names. You can add interesting things to the waypoint names, such as difficulty and terrain. Now if LilDevil would only add a cache size indicator substitution variable instead of the weird override mechanism he currently uses for dealing with micros...

--Marky

P.S. I also use it to correct puzzle cache coordinates I have solved, and to ignore puzzles that I can't solve. ;)

Edited by Marky
It seems to work perfectly and i clicked off for using a geocache icon, but when i open the outputted file it is still with the default wp Icon sir

And all the WP who had the geocache icon now has the default wp icon .

Mikkel,

This is the default view of EasyMPS the first time it is run:

easymps.jpg

As you can see, by default, the 'Waypoint' option is chosen for the icon, and 'Preserve detected icons' is chosen too.

The first of these options sets what icon each waypoint will be set to. The latter means that any waypoints that are imported that already have an icon set, will retain that icon.

So what you need to do is select 'Geocache' for the icon, and desleect 'Preserve detected icons'.

Hopefully that will sort you out.

It's a bit more complicated, but I've been using ExpertGPS by the same people who make EasyGPS.  I export to a CSV file, replace "dot" with "geocache", using Excel (though any text editor with find/replace will work), then reimport to ExpertGPS.

Another way to do this is to export the file from ExpertGPS in .gpx format. You can then open it in any text editor and use the find/replace feature to change "<sym>Waypoint</sym>" to "<sym>Geocache</sym>".

As posted earlier you can use Expert GPS. You can change the icon in the software after you download your waypoints. It does have a fee to it but it could be worth while if you use other software itofferes other file formats to imprt and export.

Don't forget the maps it has, including the ability to import and calibrate any scale map for use in the program.