gps signals scrambled?

Darn! I thought I was going to get to do my first "Markwell" but the Search isn't working (at least for me). But anyway, there was another or two, three threads started asking the same question, and as BrianSnat answered back, No. The war will not affect the GPS signals, they (the GOV) only did it one time years ago. If someone could "Markwell" the thread I was trying to find it has a link to a gov. website explaining it all.

Oh, btw, Welcome to the geocaching community!

Does anyone have some cache on them?

The simple answer is NO.

The long answer is No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No,

The techincal answer is:

U.S. Policy Statement Regarding GPS Availability, March 21, 2003

The United States Government recognizes that GPS plays a key role around the world as part of the global information infrastructure and takes seriously the responsibility to provide the best possible service to civil and commercial users worldwide. This is as true in times of conflict as it is in times of peace.

The U.S. Government also maintains the capability to prevent hostile use of GPS and its augmentations while retaining a military advantage in a theater of operations without disrupting or degrading civilian uses outside the theater of operations.

We believe we can ensure that GPS continues to be available as an invaluable global utility at all times, while at the same time, protecting U.S. and coalition security requirements.

Check it our here

Lapaglia icon_cool.gif

Muga Muchu (forget yourself, focus)