Geocoins Catalog

As far as I know there is no listing of Geo-coins/tokens. What I want to do is compile a complete (or as complete as I can get) catalog of geocoins. And I will need some help since I can't posably go around collecting all of them.

What I would like is for people to email me a picture of their personalized coins/tokens along with their geocaching username, state of residence, number made, material the coin is made of (wood, type of metal, or plastic), and the diamiter of the coin in milimeters. And please email me of any coins/tokens you know of so that as few as possable get left out.

Right now I would like to focus on manufatured coins/tokens since homemade items that are unique would be too hard to list. Homemade items which are generally the same in size, text and apperance will be considered.

If you could email me at blazerfan@geocities.com or post a picture here that would be great. Any pictures should be readable front and back. If you don't have a pic or if the text is not readable please email me a description in this format

(obverse) Text of Line 1/Line 2/"description of logo"/line 3

(reverse) line 1/"logo"/line 2

This catalog is a personal ambition of mine and I hope that others will be excited about the idea.

---------------------------

Phase 1: Collect Underpants, Phase 2: ???, Phase 3: Profit

quote:
Originally posted by Moun10Bike:

Team FISUR has created a good listing http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur/geocoins/index.html.

http://geocachingwa.org

Thanks! This will come in handy. I know that there are many other coins/tokens out there.

I plan to organize my listing by State with a username index. Token collecting is my other favorite hobby so being able to catalog a whole new set of coins/tokens is kindof an exciting idea

quote:
Originally posted by FISUR:

quote:
Originally posted by blazerfan:

Thanks! This will come in handy.

All that sweat, research, and hard work, just to be ''handy'' for an Underpants Gnome. Oh, the ignominy! icon_eek.gif Our team is now devoid of purpose.

Submitted with great sadness,

Team FISUR

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur

Just 5 minutes ago I proudly showed off that we made your listings . Youse guys work has been a great and valuable resource to us!

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

quote:
Originally posted by FISUR:

quote:
Originally posted by blazerfan:

Thanks! This will come in handy.

All that sweat, research, and hard work, just to be ''handy'' for an Underpants Gnome. Oh, the ignominy! icon_eek.gif Our team is now devoid of purpose.

Submitted with great sadness,

Team FISUR

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur

Well "handy" is perhaps an understatement. But there is research still to be done... since I would like to know the size and mintage numbers for the coins.

Actually it was your geocoin that made me consider starting the catalog. I read about it in an old forum topic which is why I happen to know that you minted 100 with the anchor design.

thank you for the invaluable reference you have provided icon_biggrin.gif