Information On Who Is "Watching"

Pantalaimon

I think that the cache and travel bug pages should list (or link to a list) of those who are "watching" a cache or a travel bug.

For example, I just re-hid this travel bug, but it would have been helpful, for me at least, to know who was watching it, and thus who was a little more than interested in finding it. Such information might have given me a better idea where to hide the bug for optimal reclamation. (Because my hiding technique was somewhat more complex, and I'm worried how long it might take someone to find it.

Plus, I wouldn't mind knowing who's watching my own caches, more as a curiosity thing.

If this has been discussed before, please feel free to Markwell me (as if I need to ask). Otherwise, what are everybody's thoughts? Should I present the idea to Jeremy (as if he won't read this thread).

Pan

Cachito ergo sum. I Geocache, therefore I am.

It's not necessarily like that. Sometimes people watch a cache to see who comes after them and picks up what they left off, sometimes people watch every cache they've been to, sometimes they watch them because they couldn't find them, sometimes they watch them because they are planning on going and there may have been a few no finds, and sometimes they watch them because they were mentioned in the forums for whatever reason. So planning a bug drop based on who's watching might help one umpteenth of the time.

Just my theory.

And I believe it has been discussed and can't be done for some reason, I'll see if I can find the Markwell to that.

Cache you later,

Planet

"To err is human, to forgive....$5.00"

[This message was edited by Planet on December 12, 2002 at 01:27 PM.]

I'm sure it has been covered like everything else but I think its a good idea. My curiosity has made me wonder who is watching my caches and bugs also. In addition to the caches I have visited. The only issue I could see with it would be the privacy but who would really care if someone else knew if you were watching a cache or not. I think its a good idea and would like to see come to light also.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So far so good, somewhat new owner of a second/new Garmin GPS V 20 plus finds so far with little to no problem. We'll see what happens when there are leaves on the trees again.

Thanks for the Markwellian Markwellish Markwell, Planet. For some reason I couldn't find that thread.

I'm surprised actually that the topic had been disussed earlier. Now, can someone tell me what to put in my Geocaching backpack? I KNOW that hasn't been discussed.

Pan

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

Thanks for the Markwellian Markwellish Markwell, Planet. For some reason I couldn't find that thread.

I'm surprised actually that the topic had been disussed earlier. Now, can someone tell me what to put in my Geocaching backpack? I KNOW that hasn't been discussed.

Pan

Actually it has. Here is your markwell. [noun]

a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000900883&m=1500921805" TARGET=_blank>http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000900883&m=1500921805 icon_wink.gif

quote:
Now, can someone tell me what to put in my Geocaching backpack? I KNOW that hasn't been discussed.

Actually it has. Here is your markwell. [noun]http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?http://a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000900883&m=1500921805 icon_wink.gif

Um... WOW! You're right! Sorry about that one, who'd have thunk it!

I have egg on MY face.

Okay then, how about a conversation on what people should put in caches. I BET that hasn't been hashed out!

(How many times do you think this will take?)

Pan

quote:
Originally posted by Pantalaimon:

Um... WOW! You're right! Sorry about that one, who'd have thunk it!

I have egg on MY face.

Okay then, how about a conversation on what people should put in caches. I BET that hasn't been hashed out!

(How many times do you think this will take?)

Pan

Gosh, I thought you were perfect, a Geocaching God????

Okay then, how about a conversation on Proper Forum Etiquette.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.