New cache approval

brettd

I am setting up several virtual caches. I want them all to become active at the same time. If I check the "Temporarily Disable This Cache" box before the cache gets approved, does it get removed from the approval queue until I uncheck the box?

-Brett

The approvers, simple souls that we are, become confused by caches that are deactivated before they are posted. icon_smile.gif

We assume that they are a work in progress so don't post them, unless as mtn-man noted, there is an explanatory note. Post the note something like: "(Admin - please post this, I will activate it just before our event, don't want it seen earlier)" We'll understand that, remove the added note and post it.

Otherwise the cache will just sit there in limbo waiting to be re-activated so it can be posted and starts to interfere with the approval of other caches. We then e-mail the cache owner to ask about it, if there is still no action we have to archive it to get it out of the way.

~erik~

The approvers, simple souls that we are, become confused by caches that are deactivated before they are posted. icon_smile.gif

We assume that they are a work in progress so don't post them, unless as mtn-man noted, there is an explanatory note. Post the note something like: "(Admin - please post this, I will activate it just before our event, don't want it seen earlier)" We'll understand that, remove the added note and post it.

Otherwise the cache will just sit there in limbo waiting to be re-activated so it can be posted and starts to interfere with the approval of other caches. We then e-mail the cache owner to ask about it, if there is still no action we have to archive it to get it out of the way.

~erik~

A user out here wanted 16 caches released at the same time. After a moderator approved a couple of them they sent him an e-mail asking if these were quality caches or what? He responded that he had spent 3 weeks hiding them but just wanted to "flood" the area with lots of new caches at once. Of course that would prevent the same guy from getting a first finders certificate on all of them.

The caches were approved and the race was on. Fun stuff. I got only one first finders certificate.

You can open lots of windows on your computer. All with the hide a cache form on it. Just fill them all out and and one by one enter each cache within a few seconds of each other.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On