HTML- the next step...

For those of you who like me have changed the background on your cache pages, I have discovered that you can also do it on the Travel Bug pages.

What I have not figured out yet is if you can change it on your Personal Profile. Anyone figured that out yet?

Thanks.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Warrior:

What I have not figured out yet is if you can change it on your Personal Profile. Anyone figured that out yet?

Thanks.

No idea, but look at this thread. They changed more than just the background, But I wondered if the TPTB discourage such things...?? icon_confused.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

They changed more than just the background, But I wondered if the TPTB discourage such things...??

DOH!

But why should they discourage custom profile pages?

Except that I read a post by Jeremy and I quote, "I seriously despise puppet accounts so please don't be deceptive. "

So, I'll be on my best behaviour.

...mostly. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by SE7EN:

You mean like in http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=100135

Look at the source, it's actually fairly easy. Look at the source right after "Other Hobbies" and go from there!

I must admit your ability is impressive. However, it only highlites my lack of ability. If I read it right, you are changing the entire screen.

I only wish to change the background to a .JPG file. I am not smart enough to follow your code, much less know what to change. Yours is much to complicated for me. If that is what I need to do, it won't happen.

Thanks anyway.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

No problem.

Upload the graphic you want to use.

Put <BODY BACKGROUND="//domain.com/your/graphic/here.gif"> somewhere in Bio, Hobbies, or Recent News.

NOTE: Do not put the HTTP: as the site script will try to convert it to a link. Use "Slash Slash" and then the rest of the full URL, but not the HTTP:. Works with IE5.5, don't know about the rest.

Cheers!

quote:

No problem.

Upload the graphic you want to use.

Put <BODY BACKGROUND="//domain.com/your/graphic/here.gif"> somewhere in Bio, Hobbies, or Recent News.

NOTE: Do not put the HTTP: as the site script will try to convert it to a link. Use "Slash Slash" and then the rest of the full URL, but not the HTTP:. Works with IE5.5, don't know about the rest.

Cheers!

SE7EN, you are a wizard. I can fix a radio, or a pollution monitor, or a radar, or even a computer. But something this software stuff is as challenging as I can stand. It works now, and I can even see why!

Thank you ever so much.

El Paso, Texas.

quote:

You mean like in http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=100135

Look at the source, it's actually fairly easy. Look at the source right after "Other Hobbies" and go from there!

Actually thats the one disscussed in the link, but I think you already knew that...

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by welch:

They changed more than just the background, But I wondered if the TPTB discourage such things...??

DOH!

But why should they discourage custom profile pages?

Except that I read a post by Jeremy and I quote, "I seriously despise puppet accounts so please don't be deceptive. "

So, I'll be on my best behaviour....mostly.

I don't know if they do or not. But in the other thread, you wondered why it had been erased. If it was TPTB, maybe they did not like your profile. Perhaps they find it useless(as far as a 'profile' is concerned), I know I do icon_biggrin.gif. Not that your profile would tell much anyways icon_razz.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
SE7EN wrote:

Works with IE5.5, don't know about the rest.

It also works in Netscape 4.7, but you see the ordinary page briefly first, and in Netscape 6.2 but with the 'Want Gear?' ad to the left of the page.

Bill

-------------------------------

"Ah, take the Cache and let the Credit go..."

The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, trans. Edward Fitzgerald